Sunday 22 May 2011

Mike Schreiber



I went to Mike Schreiber’s true hip hop exhibition recently for a book signing in London. It was a very last minute decision and I was upset that I didn’t even get a chance to say hi, let alone ask any questions, from a distance he seems like a nice humble gut though. As you have probably gathered I have a thing for black and white photography hence me choosing another photographer who does black and white pictures.



Mike is a New York based photographer who documents the Hip Hop world, I admire him because he is self taught and has accomplished so much. Most of his pictures he takes are black and white and feature artists such as Mia, Eminem, Flava Flav, Most Def and Petey Pablo.  He also takes pictures of dogs, prisoners and kids on the Cuban streets. His style is gritty and captures the essence of culture.




“he loves taking pictures and hopes to never have another job in his life.”
(Mike Schreiber’s web bio)

References



No comments:

Post a Comment